Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Topic of Light: Our Powerful minds

Hello lovelies

Welcome back to another Topic of Light. Lately I have been in awe about how powerful our minds are and how the power of a single thought can change so much. It makes me feel so much better when I realise that I have a huge influence over my mood. Yes, it is impossible to be all sunshine and rainbows 100% of the time, but even if we wake up in a bad mood or grumpy, we are a thought or a decision away from feeling better. 



On of my favourite quotes is: 
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be 
~ Abraham Lincoln 

I didn't always understand this concept until I tested it myself. I have been there, so angry I just wanted to cry or scream. Your thoughts become a spiral feeding off one another. It takes one thought to change the cycle. I locked myself in the bathroom, stared in the mirror, looking into my eyes and said 5 things I was grateful for and took a few deep breathes. No, I did not feel the immediate effect, but 10 minutes later, half of my negative emotions had evaporated. So I continued, 5 more things to be grateful for and so on. I wasn't dancing around like the happy-go-lucky girl I prefer to be, but I was feeling better. I felt lighter and my smile was more genuine when someone came to talk to me. 

When you wake up in the morning, choose to have a good day. Don't let someone else's drama snuff out your sparkle. If you get upset, let it go and carry on.

It's easier said than done, but with practice and commitment, anything is possible. Every day make the choice not to let your emotions control you. Own your actions and chose your own path. 

You would be amazed what you are capable of, should you just put your mind to it. Your mind is a beautiful gift. You can create a heavenly life or a hellish one, all depending on what you focus on and what seeds you plant. If you plant gratefulness, kindness and hope, you will reap happiness and contentment. If you plant criticism, gossip and negativity, you will reap unhappiness, insecurity and depression (Maybe). (This is not set in stone, merely examples to help illustrate the concept)

The greatest tools I use everyday are gratitude and love. 

My wish for you this week is to plant positive seeds and reap the rewards of a positive powerful mind. 

Love

Chanzie


8 comments:

  1. This is probably your best Topic of Light yet. Don't underestimate the effect of these posts on readers...we all stare at the mirror sometimes looking for answers (not me anymore, as the mirror is one of the scariest things I think!) These days, I try and channel any negative emotions into my writing. It's not that the writing itself will be a downer for readers....it is so that I can put this energy - which is powerful, to an effective use. I love your Abe Lincoln comment by the way. My fave comedian, Dave Allen, once said 'be miserable - if it makes you happy!' Some people really are content to live like this. These days I wake up saying #happiness #gratitude #inspiration #positivity #blessings....! So yes, keep bringing the light Chene. I think I write in the darkness so that I can live and breathe in the light. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John! Your kind words really mean so much and I always appreciate the feedback. This was one post I was not sure if I should write or not as I was not sure how it would be taken. To look into your own eyes takes courage! But once you recognise the beautiful soul you are... You can overcome anything! I am so happy to hear you wake up saying #happiness #gratitude.... This has completely made my day and made me smile! Have a blessed day too :)

      Delete
  2. Saying what we are grateful for out loud can make such a huge impact. It helps to put everything in perspective. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pamela :) Even just writing them out or acknowledging them in some way helps <3

      Delete
  3. This is why whenever I am angry or upset I wait before I react. Most of the time distance allows the feelings to dissipate and then I react more rationally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Never react in anger or emotion :) Distance definitely helps put things in perspective.

      Delete
  4. I so agree with this. It is up to us to be happy, even when crap is going on around us, we control how we feel.

    ReplyDelete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.