Thursday, 5 December 2013

Topic of Light: Negative Spirals

Hello all you beautiful people!

Welcome back to another Topic of Light. This week I was inspired to write about the negative spiral and webs we get caught in sometimes. This does link back to last week's post about keeping hope and finding your light in the darkness. 

Have you ever been a good place and then one thing happens after the next subtly and all of a sudden you are in a whirl pool of negativity. We get so caught up in life that we don't even realise we ended up in a negative spiral pool until its too late. If you are like me, I get down because I have become like that after I figure out I am stuck in a spiral, I feel like I let myself down, yet continue to complain and moan! You almost don't see how to change where you are. Sound familiar? 

So the next question is: How do you get back to that good place?
It starts with one step. Start with your next action / reaction / words. Then the next and the next after that. Just take it one step at a time back towards the light. Find your little bit of hope, even if its the smallest shred. Give yourself a comlpliment, chose not to spread that story & move onto a happier topic. Push that complaint out of your head or put it in a bubble and blow it away. Say something genuine and nice to someone that makes them smile. 

We tell people our complaints because we feel the need for validation & understanding. Just like the saying goes, misery loves company. Telling a negative story only harms you. Pain shared is pain halved, but happiness shared is happiness doubled. 

Your words you speak, is your own magic. The more negative stuff you say, the more negative stuff you attract and visa verse. Gossip is a big one! That is like toxic sludge.

Don't feel bad and beat yourself up when you find yourself at the bottom, in a dip or slipping up. Stand up, dust yourself off, learn where you went wrong (To help you grow and not land up here again hopefully) and move on. You can do it. You can chose, you always have a choice. You are a beautiful light and being worthy of love and second chances. 

My wish for you this week is to find you shred of hope, forgive yourself and move on to happier and greener pastures. 


Love


Chanzie


13 comments:

  1. Getting out of downward spirals can be tough! I find that I have to remind myself to be in the moment and conscientiously think in a positive light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great point Pamela :) To remember to be in the here and now, not the worries and stress in my minds.

      Delete
  2. Love this. I get into negative spirals all the time. Especially with writing or school. I just make new goals, that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, stress can definitely drown us. New goals and new motivations are great tactics and methods to keep us positive and happy <3

      Delete
  3. At the start of each year, I set goals. I know I won't achieve them all, but I will achieve some, and they could turn out to be the harder ones to attain. I roll over the missed goals to the next year. Setting daily goals, even weekly ones can be hard, because my daily life is not set in routine due to working for myself. I think the toughest thing for me is finding time to relax and truly switch off. That's what can kick the spiral of depression off. But if I cannot sleep it off, I must take the small step to recovery. If it is dark, I put the light on. Raining? I use an umbrella. Cold? I wear more clothes or turn the heating up - for a while. Lonely? I call or visit someone. Even yesterday, my eyes were heavy and tired, but I forced myself out to walk around the nearby nature reserve. There, I saw a lady of maybe 80 years old, who takes her dog out every day. That's awesome. I wish to have that determination when I am that age. We must take the first small step to recover, then we find it easier to do the next. Keep motivated Chene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goals... Life's natural motivators :) Gratitude works wonders! Small steps win the race. Thank you for your thoughtful comment John :)

      Delete
  4. You're right in that we can control how we feel if we just start thinking positively. It can be hard to do sometimes, but we really can change how something affects us. Good post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, it can be tough sometimes but it is always worth it in the end. Thanks Julie :)

      Delete
  5. Great post, and I so agree that talking about negative things creates more negativity. Smile like ya mean it, and soon you will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. blogger ate my comment..LOL Great post, and I agree sharing negativity brings more, Smile like you mean it and soon you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, silly blogger! I agree fake it til you believe it's real :) We attract what we send out, whether we are conscious of it or not <3

      Delete
  7. Love this post and your words "Pain shared is pain halved, but happiness shared is happiness doubled." Very wise and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny :) I am so glad you enjoy this post!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.