Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #7 ~ New to Me Authors




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, where bloggers get together and list the top ten things related to that week's topic.

This week's topic is quite a fun one as this is the first year I have tried so many new authors, especially since joining some Author Promotions programs. 


Here are my Top Ten New to Me Authors for 2013 so far:
In no particular order


Cassandra Clare
I love The Infernal Devices and am super excited to start The Mortal Instruments!!

Richelle Mead
Vampire Academy, Bloodlines, Dimitri & Adrian... need I say more??

Karen Amanda Hooper
I loved The Sea Monster Memoirs, I discovered Karen through NetGalley because of her amazing cover of her books!! Plus she is an absolute Sweety :) 

Christina Bauer
Another Author I discovered through NetGalley. I read her book Angelbound which has a kickass Heroine! Christina is awesome with a wicked sense of humor :) 

Ally Shields
Ally is the author of The Guardian Witch series (Which I will be doing a marathon of reviews for in the new year!!) She is also super awesome and inspiring :) 

Cassandra Clare, Richelle Mead, Christina Bauer, Ally Shields, Karen A Hooper

Nora Roberts
What can I say... I tried one of her books for the first time this year (MIdnight Bayou) and was blown away. I expected a soppy romance but got so much more!

Terra Harmony 
Terra's book Water was my first approval on NetGalley! I loved her writing style and cannot wait to read Air & The Rising.. on my reading schedule soon!

Kat Bastion
Kat's novella - Bound by wish and mistletoe - was my first cover reveal on my blog and I absolutely loved the book when I was part of the tour!

John A Heldt
John was my first Author Review Request I received when just started my blog. I loved his Novel The Mine and am planning on completing this series soon soon soon!!!

Tina Smith
Tina is author of the Wolf Sirens Series. I absolutely loved chatting to her and loved her first 2 books in the series. Nightfall review coming soon :) 

Nora Roberts, Terra Harmony, Kat Bastion, John A Heldt, Tina Smith

Which authors made your list? Have you read any of these authors yet? 
Check out my reviews if you need some help :) 

Love
Chanzie





30 comments:

  1. I finally tried Nora Roberts and was told to try a different one LOL

    I think I read a lot of new to me authors this year but I am going to have to think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one did you try?? You should definitely try Midnight Bayou :)

      Goodreads! I went to my goal widget and it showed all the books I have read this year ;)

      Delete
  2. I have read a lot of Nora Roberts books over the years. There always seems to be the perfect one for the mood that you are in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been recommended to try out one of her trilogies. any recommendations??

      Delete
  3. I have midnight bayu! I will have to read it! And I. Liked Cassandra Claire. Immortal instruments has a. Lot of similarities to infferil devices. Just to warn you. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard good things and negative things about Cassie Clare's TMI, but that's ok, she creates awesome characters and I love her writing style :)

      Delete
  4. Haven't heard of some of these authors so will have to check them out but I do adore Richelle Mead. One day I'll actually finish the Vampire Academy series as well...I just don't want it to end.

    My TTT is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness.. You haven't finished VA! Don't worry she has a spin off that makes the series seem longer if that helps at all :) I loved Bloodlines #TeamAdrian!!

      Delete
  5. Wow, Chanzie! Thank you ~ I'm honored to be included!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My absolute pleasure :) I am looking forward to reading the rest of your series this holiday!

      Delete
  6. Cassandra Clare is on my list as well, I LOVED The Mortal Instruments and I'm so excited for City of Heavenly Fire! I haven't read the Infernal Devices trilogy yet. I can't believe I haven't yet. I LOVE Richelle Mead! I read the Vampire Academy series years ago and it's one of my favorite series! I'm hoping to start the Bloodlines series soon also. Great Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started with The Infernal Devices when I had the choice as I read it was a prequel to TMI! I loved it.. it is definitely my top series for this year :) I hope you start Bloodlines soon too - I am trying to work my way to The Fiery Heart <3 Thanks Brianna!

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any of these authors! =S I keep telling myself that I'm going to read Vampire Academy and then I keep putting it off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vampire Academy is definitely one of those series you might wonder why you waited so long... I know I waited a year always finding something more important to read after I had the books!

      Delete
  8. There are a lot of authors on this list that I've never heard of before, which makes me want to try them out. That and I've been told that the Vampire Academy series is amazing, so maybe I'll try it next year.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.
    Alex @ The Book Banner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get to try some of them out and I really hope you get to Vampire Academy and enjoy it as much as I did!!

      Delete
  9. About to read VampDiaries in the new year. I *hope* I can love it....some GR / Amz reviews are rather polarised on the subject....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vampire Diaries or Vampire Academy?? I loved both. Vampire Diaries took me a book or 2 to get into but I wouldn't recommend reading past book 7 as a ghost writer took over and it's just not the same as LJ Smith's writing. Vampire Academy on the otherhand I liked from book 1 but fell in love with the story completely in book 3!
      Sorry guess I got a bit technical here :)

      Delete
  10. I would like to read one of Richelle Mead's books one of these days. I usually don't like vampire books, but I've heard good things about hers. The covers of her books are not my favorite, so maybe that's part of what's been holding me back?

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree the covers are not the best. Maybe try the ebook, then you don't have to look at the cover? For me, her best books in that series were books 3 & 5. I hope you do give it a shot :)

      Delete
  11. The only two I've read are Cassandra Clare and Richelle Mead (and I'm tickled that you discovered her because she's my all-time favorite!) I've been eyeballing Nora Roberts for a couple of years now but just haven't made the plunge… I'll have to change that soon.

    As a side note, I am having a ball creating the little rainbow confetti by moving my mouse around your website – what a cool feature! I feel like a little kid ha ha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had all these books for over a year before I gave it a shot. Cassie Clare was a book club read on goodreads and I used that as an excuse to try it out. I think you need to try the right Nora book as far as I can tell. I was recommended Midnight Bayou as was told if I didn't enjoy this book, I wouldn't enjoy her writings - but I loved it!
      Ha ha I also love the sparkles - it also makes me feel like a kid *tee hee*

      Delete
  12. You are so right! Of all the book blogs I have looked at, it amazes me how many books and authors are out there. Also how different peoples reading lives can be! I too only recognized one off of your list, Nora Roberts. I have read a few of hers in the past.
    Thanks for checking out my list! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to try a few of these awesome authors sometime :)

      Delete
  13. I adore Nora Roberts, and love her suspense ones. Nice list. I love trying new authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yet to try a suspense and trilogy of Nora! Starting my blog has also led me to soooo many new authors :)

      Delete
  14. I've only read one of these authors, Richelle Mead. I need to finish the VA series. || I have a cousin who loves Nora Roberts books. I believe she got into that this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you need to finish VA!!! And if you loved it try out Bloodlines :) Nora's writing is great, I still want to read Dark Witch and try one or two of her other books! Thanks for stopping by Holly :)

      Delete
  15. I only recognized a couple of these authors! Which means I have some new ones to check out! Fun list.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly :) Hope you find a few new good ones to add to your list too!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.