Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Teaser Tuesday #14 ~ Dark Winter by John Hennessy




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 Grab your current read • Open to a random page  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here is my teaser for today:


Dark Winter by John Hennessy


Location: 300

"You have to conquer your demons, right? Otherwise you live your whole life in fear. I won't live my life like that."

Location: 427

"All what Nan? This is show and tell. You show me things and tell me nothing."

Location: 596

"I had forgotten to ask the instructor what to do if a zombie-girl ends up in your house uninvited. I'm sure the response would have been 'Oh. Zombie self defense class. You must have missed that one.'"


Books Description
Romilly Winter is no ordinary heroine, just a reluctant one.
She has a gift. She can see the future. But can she see far enough? The world in which she lives is under attack – the dead are rising, and evil follows her at every turn.
Will she be able to save herself – and the world?”

From the Diary of Romilly Winter, October 14th.
"I’ve had two years to prepare for this. In that time, I have never told a soul. Of course, my Nan knew. She’d bequeathed me the mirror, after all. Now, maybe tonight, tomorrow, in a few days, the event that I don’t want to happen with all my heart, will come to pass. I’m not ready. I know I’m not ready, and yet, it will happen nonetheless.
Nan had this thing in her possession for nearly seventy years. She had told me I simply had to be at Rosewinter, prior to my sixteenth birthday no matter what objections my parents raised. She said I was ‘special’, and was the only one equipped to deal with what was coming. 
The problem is, I don’t feel special, I just feel…different, and in all probability, that isn't going to be good enough.
In just two days time, I will be sixteen years old, and if anything my Nan said is remotely true, I will be lucky to survive that long…."

~ ~ ~

So what do you think?? What are you reading?? 
Leave your teaser or a link to your teaser in the comments!

Love
Chanzie



27 comments:

  1. Three nice teasers. I haven't read this one yet. It sounds interesting.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! I am quite enjoying it :) I couldn't decide which one to put so I put all 3!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Marylin, I hope you will find it interesting when you have time to read it. Print edition is out in January, Kindle version available for now.

      Delete
  2. This sounds really good. I can't wait to hear your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela :) Hopefully it will be soon! I seem to be in a bit of a slow reading phase so my reviews are a little bit behind.

      Delete
    2. I hope you enjoy the book and review too!

      Delete
  3. The last teaser is funny. This sounds like a very interesting book. I'll have to check this out.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many funny quirks in this book that have me giggling. John has a great sense of humour :) Romilly is my favourite character. Thanks for popping by Vonnie!

      Delete
    2. Then I think you'll like it Vonnie :)

      Delete
  4. I'm not the biggest fan of zombies, but I like those teasers!
    Thanks for sharing, Chanzie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree. I don't normally read Zombie books either, but John has a nice easy writing style and the humour helps too!

      Delete
    2. The zombie mentions are kept to a min, really...it's more about Romilly and how she deals with...what she deals with. If you get a chance, I'd love to know your thoughts on the story!

      Delete
  5. Nice teasers, the first one is just great! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! Your teaser was awesome :)

      Delete
  6. I love zombies!! John I am going to have to get your book! :) Thanks for the teasers Chene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you get it and enjoy it too :)

      Delete
  7. Great teasers Chanzie!!! Zombie stories are so much fun!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi! The Zombie's have been creeping into my reading here and there :)

      Delete
  8. Zombie self-defense class was awesome! Great tease!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I think I need that one too! Thanks Angela :)

      Delete
    2. We ALL need to go to that class....you know....just in case :)

      Delete
  9. I like the you show me things and tell me nothing! awesome teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I ended up giggling when I came to that part so I just had to include it :)

      Delete
  10. This year is the first year that I've read zombie books and I have to say I am really liking the ones I've read. This one looks like one I might enjoy too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I normally stick to my vampires and magical Paranormal Romance but have been trying quite a few new types of books lately :)

      Delete
  11. Oh wow I love the teaser especially the zombie one! Thanks for sharing this sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba :) I am really enjoying the book!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.