Sunday, 8 December 2013

December MWYA Buzz

Hello lovelies and welcome back to my late edition of the December MWYA Buzz!

I cannot believe we are well into the silly season already! November was a wonderful but busy 'life' month! I had a wonderful low profile birthday and won quite a few competitions.. Since I labelled this my lucky month :) 

On the news side, I don't have too much, other than having to re-evaluate the way I do book reviews/requests. I have so many review requests waiting and this puts any books I want to read so far back in the queue, it's a little sad, even though its always exciting to be apart of tours, read new authors and discover awesome news books. 

Oh did I mention... this month my blog is 5 months old and I have had over 11 000 pages views :) Celebration for small achievements are in order! I think hubby should treat me to sushi (Again... *guilty face*  Tee hee)

Anyway lets have a quick catch up of what happened, what to come and who is our blogger spotlight for this month!

Last month

Events
Negative Spirals

I also participated in the Clean Out You E-Reader Read-a-Thon which was a ton of fun!

Competition wins:
Goodreads First Reads: The Illegal Gardener by Sara Alexi & Finding Arun by Marisha Pink
Books Direct: The Hybrid and the Lost tales of MerMirrian by Suellen Drysdale
My Books n Things: Awaken by LJ Sealey (Ebook + Swag)
Reading & Writing Urban Fantasy, Paranormal & Romance Blog: Red Sector Chronicles by Krystle Jones 


Giveaway winners
Wolf Sirens Winners: 1st Prize: HaloAngel Read ; 2nd Prize: Annie Zapcode Wallace; 3rd Prize: Richard Sullivan
Eighteen Kisses: Christell Smith

This month
I don't have too much planned this month as it's December holidays! So we will leave some room for spontaneous events!

Upcoming reviews: here are sneak peaks of the few that are scheduled









New on my bookshelf
Birthday Books from my hubby
The City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
Deadlands - Lily Herne
Bought: 
City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls


~ Blogoverse: Blog of the Month ~

The Blogoverse Buzz will have a quick feature of a blog that stood out to me and made a difference in my blogoverse.. in other words they have a really amazing blog!

This month I picked Pamela from Reading is Fun AgainPamela has such an amazing blog and always filled with something different and fun! Pamela is fun, smart and has quickly become a great blogging friend to me. I am always amazed at all the different types of books she features on her blog (Plus she is the luckiest person I know when it comes to winning stuff!) 

Reading Is Fun AgainPlease introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself: Hello! My name is Pamela. I am 32, married, and have an adorable kitty named Lunabelle. I am a graduate student studying clinical psychology with a focus on health (e.g., weight management, pain management, and insomnia). Because I work with therapy patients, I try to keep my presence on the Internet a bit mysterious like not using my last name or my picture (okay, my kitty is also just too adorable not to use). I should *hopefully* graduate in May 2014, then I will be Dr. Pamela. :)

I have always been a big reader; however, when I started graduate school, my time for fun reading decreased dramatically. Also, after reading for school all day long, the idea of pleasure reading didn't seem fun. Last year, when my workload got a bit easier, I rediscovered my love of reading. This is why I named my blog Reading Is Fun Again. 

When and why did you start blogging? I started my blog in September of last year; however, at the time, the blog was just a way to track what I was reading. A few months ago, I decided that I wanted to get more involved in the book blogging community and started joining read-a-thons and visiting other book blogs. It was wonderful to meet so many people who loved reading and wanted to talk about it!

Best thing for you about blogging and the not so great thing? 
The best thing about blogging is getting to know people from all of the world and making friends with them.
The not so great thing about blogging is having to write posts whether I am in the mood to write new posts or not, so I can have content six days per week.

What are your top 3 books / series?
1. The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C Wrede
2. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
3. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

Favorite TV Series or Movie that was based on a book?
My favorite movie based on a book is The Princess Bride. This movie stays true to the plot and spirit of the book. 

3 fun facts about you?
1. I grew up in Puerto Rico, because my Dad didn't like the cold. Sadly, I have forgotten most of my Spanish.
2. I collect porcelain Dopey figurines (the dwarf from Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves). 
3. I have run the half-marathon at Walt Disney World twice. 

What's your guilty pleasure?
One of my guilty pleasures is watching happy wedding-related television shows like Say Yes to the Dress and My Fair Wedding. 

What is the best thing that has happened to you since you started blogging:
I have really enjoyed getting to know the different book bloggers through their blogs and Twitter. I have also really enjoyed talking with some authors through Twitter. I started jumping up and down when Gail Carriger responded to one of my tweets.

Best piece of advice you received about blogging?
The best piece of advice I have received about blogging was to write unique and sincere comments on other bloggers' blogs. Being a regular commenter on blogs has helped increase my blog's traffic and has given me the opportunity to meet and get to know a lot of different bloggers. 

If you could have lunch 3 Characters, who would they be?
1. Herminone Granger (Harry Potter series by JK Rowling)
2. Gandalf (The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien)
3. Mendoza (In the Garden of Iden by Kage Baker)

Quick quiz round:
Fav tv show: Scandal 
Fav movie: The Nightmare Before Christmas
Coffee or tea or Hot Chocolate: Hot Chocolate
Dream Vacation place: Australia. Sadly, I don't know enough about Australia to narrow it down any further than naming the entire continent! 
Vanilla or chocolate: Vanilla

Thank you Pamela for taking some time out to be apart of my monthly buzz! Pop over to her blog and say hi!

Anyway my lovelies, I hope you have an amazing December and you enjoy the festive season with you friends and family.

I would love to hear from you, so share some love and leave a comment!

Love

Chanzie





10 comments:

  1. Pamela is a sweetie, thanks for sharing about her. Congrats on your five months and 11.000 views..go Chene :) Yep, those review requests can be a killjoy when it comes to your own tbr pile..LOL You got quite the collection, everything from murder to paranormal..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee Hee, Thanks Kimba :) What can I say I like to read a variety of books, it keeps things interesting!

      Delete
  2. Hey Chanzie!! You've had a great month... read some good books! Just in time for the busy December!

    Here's My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi :) I am quite excited for some December summer reading <3

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for making me your blog of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure! You deserve it because you and your blog are totally awesome <3

      Delete
  4. Great post! Good luck with your dec reads! I have SO many books to read this month it's going to be insane :) I'm excited though bc I have a nice break too lol.

    Can't wait to read your reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diamond! Gosh my TBR list is a mountain not a pile.. and it keeps growing *sigh* So many good books out there!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a busy month. Enjoyed the interview too Pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a busy month! Thanks for stopping by to support Pamela :) She is such a sweetie :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.