Thursday, 28 November 2013

Topic of Light: Lights in the darkness

Hello all you beautiful people 

I am so sorry that I have not been posting any Topics of light lately. I was going through some stuff and needed some inspiration to make sure that I was spreading the same beauty with you. I was not 100% sure if my segment on The Four Agreements was successful, but I am quite excited to be launching a new segment soon also based on a Toltec book but Don Miguel Ruiz.

Over the past few months I have met some amazing people and made some great friends. Some have inspired me to read outside my genre and try new books, while others have inspired my writing side to blossom and bloom into actually writing my novel. This got me thinking of light in the darkness, hope and all things inspiring. 

This is what inspired this post. Just like I hope to pour some light into your day with my quotes of the day, I have discovered many inspiration quotes and posts that have inspired me. A beautiful saying I always remember is: A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle. Sometimes we don't even realise we are sitting in the dark when a little light comes along and lights our space. 

Hope is what keeps me going, no matter what is going on in my life. Hope inspires me and helps me keep on moving and trying - it is my light in the darkness. Sometimes when it feels like you cannot move forward, just hold on. Change is just around the corner, like the saying goes: It is always darkest before the dawn. My beautiful family and friends, encourage and support me to reach for my dreams and also help keep the hope alive. I just want to say thank you to each and everyone of them and you for reading my posts. 

What is your light in the darkness? Have you ever been in a place where you didn't even know you needed light til something or someone beautiful came along and made a difference?

My wish for you this week is to find that light that keeps you going.

Love

Chanzie




4 comments:

  1. Chanzie, I think anyone reading your post would think 'you don't need to quote from another book' because how you write is beautifully done, with a wonderful honesty that is very rare in this world. Hope is a great thing....it's often what keeps us going when all situations seem pointless and unworkable. I've been in the darkness before, but when I see a disabled person in a wheelchair, or a disfigured child, I think that actually, I really am lucky.

    I have had two serious conditions, to the point that they could have terminated my stay on this Earth, so I try and give thanks for each day. I'm not perfect, I know that. I have many faults. I'm hard to understand. And yet, there are people who show incredible light in my life.

    I suppose....I really do feel better for 'giving' than receiving. I want others to feel that I do bring some light into their lives. Not sure I always do that, but I've learned a lot this year that it's okay to make the darkness your friend. After some time spent together, it's natural to want to get back out into the light!

    Keep posting....you have a wonderful writing style and it's clear all this comes from the heart. Thanks for sharing, Chanzie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John! You are always so encouraging :) I do agree about seeing disabled or disfigured people, my heart aches and I am grateful to be healthy and intact. We all have our faults and often I am misunderstood often too, but it makes those that do understand us that much more special. I am sure you bring light to many people's lives, including mine - You are a great friend and light of inspiration :) Yes I agree that to make peace with the darkness is good and it makes finding those light that much more special. Thank you for your wonderful feedback John :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely message! My husband is my light. Grad school has its ups and downs, and my husband definitely supports me during the downs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is beautiful! My husband is my best friend and lights up my life in so many ways too. The best part of my day is going home to him - even after being together for over 6 years <3

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.