Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Teaser Tuesday #9 ~ Forbidden (Arotas #1) by Amy Miles




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 Grab your current read • Open to a random page  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here is my teaser for today:

Forbidden by Amy Miles
Page73

Roseline drapes her arm over Sadie's shoulder. "According to your own advice, the in-crowd is just a bunch of miserable drug addicts, alcoholics and sluts. You really wannabe like them?""Well not that you mention it..." Sadie trails off, grinning mischievously. Roseline laughs. "You are shameless." "And Proud of it." Sadie crows, not looking the least bit contrite. "So what do you say?"
Books Description
Roseline Enescue didn't ask to become an Immortal, to have all of the guests at her wedding slaughtered, or be forced into marriage with a man whose lust for blood would one day ignite the vampire legend. Willing to risk everything for a chance at a normal life, Roseline escapes to America. Terrified her husband Vladimir will find her, Roseline enrolls as a senior in Chicago's elite Rosewood Prep school. Mingling with humans is the last place he would look for her. But her transition into the human world isn't easy. Mortal men flock after her while cutthroat girls plot her demise. Yet Roseline remains relatively unfazed by the petty hysteria until she falters into the arms of Gabriel Marston, reluctant MVP quarterback, unwilling ladies man, and sensitive artist in hiding. Troubled by the bond that pulls her towards the mortal boy, Roseline tries to ignore him, but Gabriel is persistent. As their lives entwine, Roseline begins to realize that Gabriel is much more than he appears. His ability to toss a football the entire length of the field and grind concrete into dust pales in comparison to the glowing blue cross tattoo that mysteriously appears on his forearms. Despite the forbidden bond between them, Roseline can't help wondering what Gabriel is: He's not human. He's not Immortal. So just what is he?

I am quite enjoying this freebie book from Amazon, plus I adore the cover!

What are you reading?

Love Chanzie

18 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I will have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by my site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia :) Its a Freebie on Amazon so you can get it there if you do check it out!

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this book and it's good to know it's also a freebie! :)
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by, Chanzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure Silvia :) I will post my review soon!

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of this! Thanks for sharing and letting us know it's a freebie! I just DLd a copy for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so happy to hear that! I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete
  4. I have this on my Kindle. Its awesome to get some great freebies! Great teaser and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is awesome! I was quite nervous to get the kindle app for the free books at first as I heard good and bad things about the free books so I decided to try one out and so far so good :)

      Delete
  5. Oh nice tease! Sounds like Roseline is a great friend!

    Thanks for visiting my Tuesday post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica :) Roseline is a great character!

      Delete
  6. So what did she say. I'm curious. Nice tease.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he he... If you grab the freebie you can find out! It is quite a nice, quick and easy read :)

      Delete
  7. This cover is gorgeous! The story sounds good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That is what caught my attention and then the blurb sounded good too with it's paranormal twists :)

      Delete
  8. Love this! Thanks for sharing! Also thanks for stopping by my Teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping round :) Loved your teaser too!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.