Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Teaser Tuesday #11 ~ Murder on the first day of Christmas by Billie Thomas




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 Grab your current read • Open to a random page  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here is my teaser for today:

Murder on the First Day of Christmas
by Billie Thomas
Page 22
"He got off easy if you ask me, dying in his sleep like that," Oscar commented."The man thought the four food groups were fried, smothered, buttered and Alfredo. We should all be so lucky."

Books Description
Finding a severed hand at a client’s house might throw lesser decorators off their games. But Chloe Carstairs and her mother, Amanda, won’t let a little thing like murder keep them from decking the halls. With a body under the partridge’s pear tree and a dead Santa in a sleigh, they have to crack the case before the killer strikes again - this time much too close to home. 

Filled with laugh-out-loud humor, romance and a delightfully difficult mother-daughter relationship, this new series from Billie Thomas offers a fast-paced caper as these two southern ladies try to keep their very merry Christmas from turning into the Noel from hell.


What are you currently reading? Leave your own sneak peak or a link to your own post!

Love

Chanzie




14 comments:

  1. Alfredo should definitely be a food group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, just from the cover alone I want to read this book. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thats 90% of the reason I got it! It might still be in NetGalley :)

      Delete
  3. I'm with Jennifer, as soon as I saw the cover I wanted to pick it up! lol
    Thanks for sharing this, Chanzie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for stopping by Silvia :)

      Delete
  4. Ha, I laughed at the teaser...I am looking forward to your review of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed this teaser! My review review should be up on Monday :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fun read, Chanzie. I love that cover. :)

    Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) the cover is quite catchy! Hope you have a great week too :)

      Delete
  6. lol...your teaser, then the cover, by the time I got to the synopsis I was hooked. Off to grab this one now. Thanks for sharing and making me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That is awesome :) I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. What a great title for a book. And especially timely, given we are all looking forward to Christmas. I may add it....I'm going to have a cut and thrust of my to read list again! Thanks Chanzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha my to-read list is constantly changing and growing! Good luck with that :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.