Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Teaser Tuesday #10 ~ Angelbound by Christina Bauer




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 Grab your current read • Open to a random page  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here is my teaser for today:

AngelBound by Christina Bauer

Page 18
"Rage shoots up my spine. What a scumbag. If he stopped thinking with his pants for two seconds, he'd notice my demon tail instead of my boobs and butt."

Books Description
Eighteen year old Myla Lewis is a girl who loves two things: kicking ass and kicking ass. She’s not your every day quasi-demon, half-demon and half-human, girl. For the past five years, Myla has lived for the days she gets to fight in Purgatory’s arena. When souls want a trial by combat for their right to enter heaven or hell, they go up against her, and she hasn’t lost a battle yet.

But as she starts her senior year at Purgatory High, the arena fights aren’t enough to keep her spirits up anymore. When the demons start to act weird, even for demons, and the King of the Demons, Armageddon, shows up at Myla’s school, she knows that things are changing and it’s not looking good for the quasi-demons. Myla starts to question everything, and doesn’t like the answers she finds. What happened seventeen years ago that turned the quasi-demons into slave labor? Why was her mom always so sad? And why won’t anyone tell her who her father is? Things heat up when Myla meets Lincoln, the High Prince of the Thrax, a super sexy half-human and half-angel demon hunter. But what’s a quasi-demon girl to do when she falls for a demon hunter? It’s a good thing that Myla’s not afraid of breaking a few rules. With a love worth fighting for, Myla’s going to shake up Purgatory.


Hope you enjoyed this sneak peak!


Love
Chanzie




27 comments:

  1. That quotation made me laugh! Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Pamela! It was just the best quote to really bring across her sassy personality :) She is such a kick-ass heroine :)

      Delete
  2. 'Thinking with his pants' - yeah, that made me laugh too!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT
    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yay! Helping people smile today makes it a good day!

      Thanks for popping by here too Marilyn :)

      Delete
  3. hahah, I just know I am going to love this book. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too :) Myla is fiesty and an awesome character! I'll have my review up on Friday :)

      Delete
  4. Bwahahaha!! Love it Chanzie!! Funny tease!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the biggest smile when I read your comment :)
      Thanks for stopping by too <3

      Delete
  5. LOL I really loved your teaser, Chanzie! Great choice! :)

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia :) I'll pop over and check yours out too!

      Delete
  6. I want to know how he checked out her butt without seeing the tail LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True.. I didn't think about that part!

      Delete
  7. Lol funny teaser! But like someone just said, how did he check out her butt without seeing her tail? Hahaha ohh man.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diamond.. hmm I am not sure but I thought this tease showed Myla's sassiness and feisty nature :)

      Delete
  8. I get the message they were trying to put across but I think the wording used could have been more powerful. Maybe I'm just being nit picky in that it didn't flow for me well. I hope you're enjoying the book tho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or Maybe I'm just grouchy and it feel like today is Monday not Tuesday! ahhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its ok.. We all have those days! Hope you feeling better and your weeks only gets better and better <3 I did enjoy the book thank you :)

      Delete
  10. Love the quote! Definitely going to have to look into picking this one up.
    Thanks for stopping by Here's my Teaser Tuesday Post
    - Kimberly @ Turning the Pages :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly :) Your teaser was so good.. I will make it to the Game of Thrones one day!

      Delete
  11. Haven't heard of this one before. The teaser was laugh out loud funny!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a new book being released on the 17th December :) I got to review it through NetGalley :) Thanks for stopping by I will check out your teaser too!

      Delete
  12. This really does sound good! I added it, too! Awesome share :D

    pssst. Thanks for visiting me today - I absolutely suck at visiting blogs but I'm trying to be better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so glad you enjoyed it :) I'll be posting my review on Friday :)

      Its a pleasure, you have such an awesome blog!

      Delete
  13. Hahaha...love the teaser, Chanzie!

    ReplyDelete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.