Wednesday, 6 November 2013

November MWYA Buzz

Aloha and welcome summer! 

I must say its been one busy busy month! I was 2 weeks ahead of my reading and then I went through a slow reading phase and now I am just making the reviews in time. I must say I have learnt this month that if a post is not up 100% in time (Besides Tour commitments)... Its OK!

I am so excited for November! I have labelled this my lucky month of the year as all good things come my way and its my birthday this month :) What can I say I love celebrations... An excuse to get together with friends and family and just have some fun! 

I had quite a few exciting things happen on the blog this month like author interviews and giveaways :) New posts are always exciting!! I hope you have been enjoying them <3

Last Month
Reviews
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare; Lash by LG Castillo; The Hidden messages in Water by Masaru Emoto ; Tangled Tides by Karen Amanda Hooper

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare; The Tale of the Vampire Bride by Rhiannon Frater; The Howling Heart by April Bostic; Eighteen Kisses by Laura Jane Cassidy; Fever by Tina Smith


Special Features:


Character Interview: Cresida from Wolfsirens by Tina Smith 


Current Giveaways: Eighteen Kisses & Wolf Sirens Swag
Giveaway Winners: The Mine by John A Heldt: Christell Smith & The Fire by John A Heldt by Nicole Latip; Fraterfest: $10 girft card from Amazon: Jackie Briere

Events - The Underculture Contemporary Fine Arts Gallery opening evening in Port Elizabeth





This month
Upcoming reviews sneak peaks

Challenges
















Won/gifted: 
Legend Unleashed by M Latimer-Ridley from Laura @ Colorimetry
Destiny by PT Michelle from Jenea @ Books Live Forever



I am quite excited for 2 blog tours this month: 
New on my bookshelf:
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
















Awesome Anticipated Releases
The Fiery Heart By Richelle Mead
I am so excited for this books! I love this Bloodlines series #TeamAdrian
Synopsis on Goodreads


Bound by Wish & Mistletoe by Kat Bastion

I was lucky enough to be apart of the tour and now i cannot wait to read this Highlander series!



Blogoverse Buzz

Dee's ReadsThe Blogoverse Buzz will have a quick feature of a blog that stood out to me and made a difference in my blogoverse.. in other words they have a really amazing blog!

This month I picked Diamond from Dee's reads. 
I asked Diamond to be my blog of the month as I love her blog and it's one of my regular visits. We have been working on guest posts lately, where she hosted me as a guest on her blog, check out my post, and I will be hosting her later this month too!

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself:
Well, my name is Diamond (yes that's my real name!) and I'm 26. I have my BA in Political Science with a minor in philosophy. I'm considering getting my masters in Library Science and becoming a librarian due to my intense passion for books! 

When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted to discuss the books I read with others who shared my love of reading. I started in January of 2013 -- but I had no idea what I was doing! I learned as I went along and am still learning.

Best thing for you about blogging and the not so great thing?
The best thing has been the friendships I've made. The not so great part is the drama and also all the time and energy spent on things that perhaps aren't so fun, like havi to write a review about why you didn't finish a book, or hated it. That's hard because you don't want to hurt feelings! 

What are your top 3 books / series?
Oh gosh, hardest question ever! Ok, I'm gonna say top 3 in this moment and mood that I'm in. (I reserve the right to change my answers all the time)... 
1. The Mayfair Witch Chronicles by Anne Rice 
2. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
3. I, Claudius / Claudius the God by Robert Graves 

Favorite TV Series or Movie that was based on a book?
Hmmm....ooh tricky. I'd say The Ghost and Mrs. Muir because the movie actually improved upon the book! 

3 fun facts about you?
1. I'm left handed. 2. I am half Persian and half European, but I speak and read Farsi 3. I'm a really good advice-giver..Not just friends but even tons of my acquaintances call me up and ask for advice on love, career, family, etc. I just love helping people solve their problems. 

Whats your guilty pleasure?
Scooby Doo! I love watching the old Scooby Doo AND the newest incarnation, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated (Fred and Daphne actually start dating!) 

What is the best thing that has happened to you since you started blogging:
I've increased the amount of books I read! Which is crazy because I thought it'd be the opposite since I have to write reviews for many of them... 

Best piece of advice you received about blogging?
Remember that it's for fun. The second you stop having fun, you should stop blogging. 

If you could have lunch 3 Characters, who would they be?
- Lestat de Lioncourt from The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
- Sal Paradise from On the Road by Jack Kerouac 
- Alice Cullen from Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer (I'd ask about my future..) 
*Two out of three of those are vampires...I guess we'd have to go to an early dinner instead..lol.

Quick quiz round:
Fav tv show: Buffy the Vampire Slayer 
Fav movie: Underworld with Kate Beckinsale! 
Coffee or tea or Hot Chocolate: Tea! I'm half Persian, after all... 
Dream Vacation place: Nice, France
Vanilla or chocolate: Both! Swirl..


Thank you Diamond :) Isn't she great? Diamond has been so helpful and motivating plus she gives great advice ;) Keep an eye out for her post later this month.

Anyway my lovelies, it is time for me to get some more reading done so that I can post some reviews.

I hope you have a wonderful month and I would love to hear from you, so share some love and leave a comment <3

Love
Chanzie






12 comments:

  1. You have a great month ahead, Chanzie!
    Thank you so much for nominating me and interviewing me :) I love our guest posting and think you should make a habit of it! Haha

    Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a pleasure :) I know it's not a big feature and follow but I hope the little spotlight sends some peeps your way too as you and your blog are just that awesome!
      Yes I agree the guest posting is fun! I'll definitely be keen for more of these.

      Delete
  2. I understand where you are coming from. I had these big plans to have lots of posts written in advance; however, I keep flying by the seat of my pants. I need to write tomorrow's post still!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha that's exactly it! I have been so good not requesting books and not taking review requests yet my TBR review list just keeps growing.. So I decided I need to fit in the books I want to read too otherwise what is the point of the book blog.. it was for me to rave and rant about the books I want to read! Plus it does not help getting lost in the blogosphere.. so many awesome blogs.. posts.. and new books to read about.. *sigh*

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Month!!! I know what you mean, sometimes we just get behind on reading, but that's okay. I always give blog tour books the highest priority of course. But the rest, I let them come naturally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee Thanks Jennifer! I do as well but I feel a little bad if authors wait too long for a review... On Monday I came to a point where I sat down and read what I wanted to read and not what I was scheduled to read. I felt much better and more motivated the next day :)

      Delete
  4. Wow what a great month you have ahead of you. Lots of goodies I see there - btw Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, I want to start this series as well, just finished The Mortal Instruments and it was good, but I've heard The Infernal Devices are even better! Great review there.

    Marika from Mystery Sequels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I am sure you will love The Infernal Devices. Start with Clockwork Angel. I haven't read TMI so I cannot say if they better, only that I loved this series soooo much :)

      Thanks for popping over to say hi <3

      Delete
  5. This month sounds like such a good one for you.
    I will watch Scooby Doo even is the kids aren't home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenea! I agree.. There are times when my hubby and I are flicking through channels and we come across some cartoons, an hour later we are still watching cartoons (And we don't even have kids yet)!

      Delete
  6. Diamond is a sweetie, and it is so weird you talking about summer as I sit her freezing and preparing for winter. The month ahead looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Diamond is awesome :)
      Lol I have had that a few times when other bloggers were talking about Fall and the end of summer and we were headed to spring and I couldn't wait to winter behind us. I love the winter accessories and all but through and through we are summer people! I had a whole year of summer once, I left summer here, went to work in the US for 9 months, had your summer and returned in time for our summer again! It was wonderful <3

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.