Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Teaser Tuesday #8 ~ The Echo Prophecy by Lindsey Fairliegh




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 Grab your current read • Open to a random page  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here is my teaser for today:

The Echo Prophecy (The Echo Phophecy #1)
by Lindsey Fairleigh
Page 70

In my heart, I knew Grandma Suse was right - my dad really was my dad. He'd always been there to pick me up when I fell, and he'd fostered my love of both history and reading. He'd helped shaped me into the person i'd become. In every way that mattered, he was my dad, but I didn't feel the same assuredness in my own identity.


Books Description
The first book in a new paranormal romance/historical mystery trilogy.

"...we only see what we want to see...what we expect to see..."

Discover what's hidden--a powerful, mythic race, an ancient Egyptian prophecy, and a love strong enough to shatter the boundaries of time.

Alexandra Larson isn't human...but she doesn't know that. As far as Lex is concerned, she's simply an ambitious and independent archaeology grad student with a knack for deciphering ancient languages, especially the various forms of Egyptian. When she's recruited to work on her dream excavation, her translating skills uncover the secret entrance to an underground Egyptian temple concealed within Djeser-Djeseru--the famous mortuary temple of Queen Hatchepsut. Lex is beyond thrilled by her discovery...as is the enigmatic and alluring excavation director, Marcus Bahur.

As the relationship between Lex and Marcus heats up, a series of shocking revelations leave the young archaeologist reeling. Once Lex discovers the truth of her ancient Egyptian roots--the truth of her more-than-human nature--the people she trusts most make one final, terrifying revelation: Lex is the central figure of a four-thousand-year-old prophecy. She is the only thing standing between the power to alter the very fabric of time and an evil megalomaniac...who also happens to be her father. As events set in motion over four millennia ago lead Lex and Marcus from Seattle to the heart of Egypt, the fate of mankind depends on one thing: the strength of Lex's love. 


Hope you enjoyed this sneak peek! This snippet really hit home for me. 

What are you currently reading? Leave a teaser or a link in the comments!

Love 
Chanzie 







14 comments:

  1. This book sounds really interesting. I just finished Parasite by Mira Grant, and I think I am going to start one of my library books. Apparently, I need to return them at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamenla :) Oooh I saw your comments with Kimba about Parasite! I look forward to your review :) I cannot even remember the last time I went to the library...

      Delete
  2. This sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for the tease.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an interesting read, I have a awesome interview with the Author coming up this week too :) Thanks for stopping by Marilyn!

      Delete
  3. Hi Chene, thanks for dropping in on my teaser, so I'm returning the favour on you ;)

    Discovering our real identity is an important part of life, but is only possible through deep introspection and reflection.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I completely agree :)

      Thanks for stopping by Duncan!

      Delete
  4. Oh my! A dad who is not a dad is a great start to an identity crisis. Good tease!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It does get a little scary figuring out who you are.
      Thanks Angela :)

      Delete
  5. New book for me. A sweet teaser too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how much our sense of identity comes from our roots. Great teaser. Mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh... I like the sound of this book!! Sounds like a great read, the cover is great too. Enjoy!

    Here's My Tease!!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I will be posting my review on Friday and I have a interview with the Author :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.