Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Teaser Tuesday ~ #6: The Tale of the Vampire Bride by Rhiannon Frater ~ 15/10/2013




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 Grab your current read • Open to a random page  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here is my teaser for today:

The Tale of the Vampire Bride (Vampire Bride #1)

by Rhiannon Frater
Page 201


"I took what I needed to stave off the hunger. I will not kill unless I am starving and I was not starving," I shrieked at him. I was irate and overwhelmed with emotion. My hands fidgeted with my dress, trying to pull it up to protect the modesty I no longer truly had.


Books Description
All Lady Glynis Wright ever wanted was the freedom to live her life as she pleased. Unfortunately, her aristocratic parents want her to marry well and settle into a life of luxury. 

When her family becomes guests to one of the most fearsome and powerful vampires of all time, Glynis finds her fate is far more terrible than an arranged marriage. Trapped in the power of her new master, she fights for freedom, revenge against her creator, and the chance to be with the one she truly loves. 

Bloody, horrific, romantic and rich in gothic atmosphere, The Tale of the Vampire Bride is sure to thrill fans of the terrible, yet romantic vampires of literary past


Hope you enjoyed this sneak peek!

Love 
Chanzie

38 comments:

  1. Ooh, this book sounds interesting. I like that she didn't kill her prey.

    New Follower via GFC, G+ and Bloglovin

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glynis is quite a handful! I loved your Teaser by the Way :)
      Thanks for the follow! I followed you back on all 3.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I do like a gothic tone. Sounds great!
    Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing teaser -- I wonder if she's a new vampire.

    I'm playing today at Beth Fish Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at this point she has been a 'new vampire' for about 6 months, but a rebellious handful at the same time!

      Delete
  4. I'm with Shelley and it definitely sounds an interesting read!

    Here's my TT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia! It is definitely worth a shot :)

      Delete
  5. I really liked this book! ENJOY! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe I expected a bit much from this book. I did enjoy it when Glynis got to Buda and met Ignatius... :)

      Delete
  6. A compassionate vampire...intriguing teaser.
    Here's mine
    http://lovebitessilkties.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-power-play-resistance-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep she is quite complex and refuses to be submissive to her master..
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. A reluctant and caring vampire? I'd like to know more about this character!
    My Teaser today is from KEEPSAKE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting my review on Monday 21/10 if you want to check it out :)

      Delete
  8. I haven't heard of this one, but it does sound interesting, I'll check back for your review. :)

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    P.S. I love the cursor sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty-Marie :) I will pop over and check out your TT.
      If also want the sparkles, drop me an email :)

      Delete
  9. She sounds like a modern vampire.

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol maybe it does sound like it but the book is set on the 1800's :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Brigitte :) I loved your teaser! The cover of that book is awesum :)

      Delete
  11. oh interesting! thanks for sharing!!

    trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Great teaser, though it is not my usual genre :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie :) I appreciate you stopping by even though it's not your genre :)

      Delete
  13. An intriguing teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  14. Hmm, sounds like more was taken? Good teaser!

    I have a teaser up this week, if you'd like to stop by:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesday-179.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm yes Vlad took more after Glynis left. Vlad is such a good 'bad' guy :)

      Delete
  15. Wow Chanzie!! Sounds like a fun read!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    P.S. Love the coloured fairy dust girl!! Glad you figured it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi! Yes I googled for the HTML code like you/your sister suggested and was praying it worked! I still have a few things I need to figure out but hopefully I will soon.. (like your awesum spinning Icons.. he he)

      Delete
  16. Oh my gosh :D that was great!
    Very good teaser.
    Here's mine: http://janysbookblog.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/teaser-tuesday-1/
    Jany @ Jany's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jany :) If you enjoyed this pop back for my review on Monday :)

      Delete
  17. I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What happened? Why is she "immodest"? Is she really hungry?

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he you would need to read the book to find out! Thank you for stopping by too :)

      Delete
  19. I've been really itching to read some RF and this sounds like a good one to start with - I love that teaser. Can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhiannon actually replied to one of my tweets saying this was her favourite Horror novel that she had written :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.