Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Teaser Tuesday #5 ~ 08/10/2013 ~ Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 Grab your current read • Open to a random page  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here is my teaser for today:
(Since I have not started my new book and juts finished Clockwork Princess, I decided to use this as a teaser for today)

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
Page: 190


"Do not regret too much the choices you have made in the past, Gabriel," she said, aware that she was using his Christian name, but not able to help it. "Only make the right ones in future. We are ever capable of change and ever capable of being our better selves."

Books Description
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy – aren't all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shaodwhunters of the London Institute. 

A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her. 


This has been one of my top reads for 2013 (Probably my top ten series I have ever read as well so far)!

I hope you have enjoyed this teaser and if you do read this series, love it as much as I have. 

What are you currently reading? Leave a link or teaser in the comments. 

Love 
Chanzie



32 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I've just read the first instalment but I really liked it.
    Thanks for sharing and here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series only gets better :) I really hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes you do! It is amazing! Thanks for checking out my teaser :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely teaser. Cassandra Clare is always a good read.

    I’m reading 2 books this week. So here are mine:
    http://www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-hung-parliament-by-sa.html

    http://lovebitessilkties.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-under-alphas-protection.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes she is. I cannot wait to read The Mortal Instruments!
      Thanks for stopping by :) I will check out your teaser too :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I love all the covers in this series :)

      Delete
  5. I so want to read this. Great teaser. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/10/08/teaser-tuesday-oct-8/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not be sorry :) I hope you get to it soon!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read this one yet. I've read the first 2 but have been holding off on starting it. :-) Love the picture you have for Teaser Tuesday, I sometime use the exact same one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie :) oooh I don't know how you have waited! I made a plan to fit this one into my reading schedule!!!

      Delete
  7. Uh-oh. If Tessa isn't happy about getting married, maybe she should reconsider. You chose a good Teaser.
    My Teaser is from AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! This is Cecily giving advice to Gabriel :) it was one of my favourite parts :)

      Delete
  8. Good advice as well

    Here's Mine: http://wp.me/pOTN0-2ou

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my favorite Clare book to date! I cried and smiled and loved it all. I still get emotional if I think about it for too ling. Hope you enjoy! Great teaser.

    Here's mine:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesday-21-alienated.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny :) I agree and I had all of those emotions as well! I miss the world of Will, Jem and Tessa already. Jem was definitely my favourite character.

      Delete
  10. That is a fantastic quote and something we should all remember :) I love how characters in a book can nail it sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Felicia :) I agree! So we learn and grow with the characters :)

      Delete
  11. Easier said than done - both the letting go and the making right choices.

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True :) most of the right choices are tough especially when we are in a rut or routine. Thanks for stopping by Alice :)

      Delete
  12. Great teaser with a powerful message! Thanks for sharing. I will have to check out this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie :) I hope you get to read this series. I have written reviews for the 2 books if you want to have a better look at them!

      Delete
  13. Great teaser. This is yet another series that I need to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you DO!! he he :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  14. Good quote and eye-catching cover!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann :) It's one of the parts that really stood out to me and yes I LOVE all the covers :)

      Delete
  15. Great teaser! I LOVE this series:) Have fun reading!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie :) I adored this series. I am so sad it has come to an end but I have heard The Mortal Instruments is just as good :)

      Delete
  16. This is one series I haven't read yet.... but I want to!! Great tease!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    (Sorry I’m late… been a hectic week at home )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must!!! it is too brilliant to wait :p
      No prob, life gets hectic and blog posts pile up before we even know where to start and visit!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.