Tuesday, 1 October 2013

October MWYA Buzz

Hello my Lovelies and welcome back to the MWYA Buzz



Wowwee what a month and it just flew by and blew us away like this PE wind! Winter is behind us, Spring is in the air and Summer is just around the corner! 

The monthly MWYA Buzz is a quick recap of my posts for last month and anything exciting coming up this month. 

News news news... I have signed up for Web Design course which I am sooooo excited about and will be starting as soon as I calm down my schedule! It felt like everything came rolling in at once this month.. All the review requests I had long forgotten about and getting totally addicted to fabulous new series :) and I have joined 2 Meme's which I am sure you have noticed:
- Top 10 Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish 
- Teaser Tuesday hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Last month



I launched a new discussion topic MWYA Random Ramblings
(This will be a post where I can ramble about any topic that I feel needs to attention and also to help create some awareness from time to time.)
Exhibition basics


upcoming reviews sneak peeks:














Page Count Contest hosted @ Reading Angel

Upcoming Tours & Read-a-Thons:

New on my bookshelf
If I had to list all the new books I would be here a while... I capitalized on the amazon freebies
Here are the paperback I bought:

Competition wins:
Embrace (Embrace #1) by Cherie Colyer
From AtoMR Tours

Bought:
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
The Five levels of attachment by Don Miguel Ruiz
The Heir of Night (The wall of night #1) by Helen Lowe
The Last Oracle by James Rollins
The Vampire Narcise by Colleen Gleason



Awesum Releass of the month:
Teardrop by Lauren Kate
Synopsis on Good reads
I am so excited for this book, Lauren Kate is one of my favorite Authors and I absolutely loved her Fallen Series.

Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer #1) by Nora Roberts
Synopsis on Good reads
Since I am a new Nora Roberts Fan, I am quite excited for this release!!

Giveaways:
The Mine & The Fire by John A Heldt - Current Giveaway until the end of October 
Eighteen Kisses - Coming soon

Topics of light: This month we will continue with The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz

Blogoverse Buzz
The Blogoverse Buzz will have a quick feature of a blog that stood out to me and made a difference in my blogoverse.. in other words they have a really amazing blog!

This month I picked Jennifer from Reading & Writing Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance. 

Jennifer has an amazing blog, a huge audience and is an amazing person, she always goes out of her way to reply to her readers comments and has made me feel so welcome in this huge Blogoverse!!


Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself:
My name is Jennifer Bielman. I own the blog Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, and Romance. I am a 20-something with a B.S. in Business Administration, I work as a Social Media Consultant, and I just started college again for Web Design. I also write paranormal books and have one short story published. Paranormal books got me into reading about 4 years ago and I have never looked back.
 
When and why did you start blogging?
It’s embarrassing to admit it but the Twilight Series got me into reading about four years ago. My friend raved about the series so I picked it up. It wasn't the best thing I ever read, but the paranormal aspect got me hooked. Then I found the Anita Blake Series by Laurel K. Hamilton and The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison right after that. I soon spent most of my waking time reading all the books I could, but I was tired of not having anyone to share my thoughts on the books I was reading. So I started looking up book blogs and figured, I so need to do this. And the rest is history.
  
Best thing for you about blogging and the not so great thing?
The best part of blogging is the community. I love the new people and bloggers I have met. I feel like I have a second family. The not so great is the time it takes to post every day. It can be stressful sometimes, especially with school and work getting in the way. ;)

What are your top 3 books / series?
The Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews, Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers, and The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
  
Favorite TV Series or Movie that was based on a book? Phantoms by Dean Koontz

3 fun facts about you? I know sign language. My hair is down to my bottom. I love to bake, not cook, bake.

Whats your guilty pleasure? Chocolate, reading erotica in public, and wine.

What is the best thing that has happened to you since you started blogging:
First, the friends I have made. Some of my good friends are bloggers and I love having people to talk about books to.
Second, the amazing, funny, kind authors I have met and talked to. I've chatted with authors I have admired for a long time (like Jennifer Estep, Ilona Andrews, and Chloe Neill) and those experiences I will never forget. 
Third, I found my passion, and that’s web design. I see so many beautiful blogs out there and have met some amazing bloggers who are also web and graphic designers and I want to do what they do. I also want to maybe start my own book blog tour company. I just love the blogger community and I would love to make it a part of my job. I am going to school for web design right now.

Best piece of advice you received about blogging?
I have had at least five bloggers tell me to start a discussion feature for my blog. I actually just started Bookish Blatherings and I still can’t believe how many people have joined those discussions. It’s a great way to meet new people and bloggers.
Also, I was told to run giveaways and join book blog tours to gain followers. Sure enough, they really do help get you new followers and visitors.

If you could have lunch 3 Characters, who would they be?
Kate Daniels and Curran from the Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews and Gin Blanco from the Elemental Assassin Series by Jennifer Estep. These character just fascinate me. I want to be them…or date them when it comes to Curran. ;)

Quick quiz round:
Fav tv show: Supernatural (Love me some Dean)
Fav movie: Kill Bill Part 1 and Four Rooms (Quentin Tarantino Rocks!)
Coffee or tea or Hot Chocolate: Coffee. I can drink it any way. But I also like the occasional tea.
Dream Vacation place: Tuscany, Italy or Ireland.
Vanilla or chocolate: CHOCOLATE!

Well I hope you have enjoyed this monthly catch up! 

Love 
Chanzie


No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.