Thursday, 3 October 2013

Fraterfest Challenge 2013

Fraterfest 2013 Read-a-Thon 
~ Challenge ~ 
Thirst Buster

Caffeinated Book Reviewer



Fraterfest Read-a-Thon #2 October 3rd through the 8th

This challenge is for those participating in the Fraterfest Read-a-Thon. It's not too late to join the fun. Just click on the image above to sign up. This is an awesum way to catch up on your reading, make new friends and have fun with amazing challenges. 


~Create the FraterfestThirst Buster Recipe book~





For this challenge:
Help me create a recipe book for the Fraterfest Read-a-Thon

Share your favorite Drink recipe* and the cover of your favourite *Things that go bump in the night* book! It can be a book you are eagerly waiting to be released or you have not added to your collection yet.
Have fun with this, include pictures, the recipe (so we can all try it**) and tell us about your book choice. Have you read it? Are you anxiously awaiting its release? Why?

Here is my recipe and book:
The Vampire Sunset
Recipe: 
(serves 1)

Ingredients

  • 1 oz Amaretto
  • 1 oz Whiskey
  • 2 oz Cranberry Juice
Shake ingredients with ice & strain into glass over ice.  



My Fraterfest reading pick:


The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead




I am eagerly awaiting the release of The Fiery Heart Book #4 in the Bloodlines series. I have been addicted to Richelle Mead's Books since the first book of Vampire Academy. I absolutely adore this spin off series! This book matches my drink perfectly with Vampires and things that go bump after sunset.

Ok Its time to share your drink and your book!

Enter via Rafflecopter or leave me a link to you post or include the details in your comment below. 
One winner will be selected at random.
The Prize
: A book of their choice (Valued at up to $10) from Book Depository or Amazon (as long as they ship to your address)

Remember you must be a participant of the Fraterfest Read-a-Thon to win.


This challenge is open from 9:00am (EST) October 3, 2013 to October 9, 2013 at 12:01am (EST). I look forward to seeing our first recipe book!

*this drink can be anything from a smoothie to a hot toddy. Participants under 21~ please share your favorite non-alcoholic drink!
**disclaimer: Mean Who You Are and the hosts of the Fraterfest Read-a-Thon do not endorse underage drinking. As always please drink responsibily.


~

Challenges are open beginning at 9 AM (EST) October 3rd  and will remain open until October 9 at 12:01 AM

12 comments:

  1. Ooo Chene that drink sounds wonderful and perfect for a cold fall evening. Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimba :) Let the reading and the fun begin!

      Delete
  2. Look! Zombie 'igh balls thirst buster recipe http://www.2jackies.com/2013/10/fraterfest-challenge-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your drink looks awesumly creepy! Thank you for participating :)

      Delete
  3. Your drink sounds great!

    Jan @ Notes from a Readerholic
    (my sign-in is showing me as "anonymouse" even though I try to sign-in)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and Thank you for Entering :)

      (that is strange as your ID shows up as readerholicnotes, thank you for letting me know)

      Delete
  4. Hi Chene. I posted my favorite spooky read and a Black Punch Recipe that was a big hit with my niece and nephew a few years ago. http://ginsbooknotes.com/2013/10/06/fraterfest-2013-read-a-thon-challenge-thirst-buster/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ginny :) Thanks for entering I will check it out!! Hope your read-a-thon progress is going well! Happy Reading :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Chene! Your drink sounds fantastic!!! Completely up my alley b/c I can't even drink anything that tastes like alcohol anymore (I've lost my college-stamina years ago!!!) Here's my go to drink recipe I got from a neighbor:

    Bikini Martini:
    1oz Citrus Vodka, 1 oz Malibu Rum, 2 oz Pineapple Juice, 1 oz grenadine (shake over ice and strain) YUM!!!

    I'm reading "Pretty When She Destroys" by Rhiannon Frater right now and I totally saved it specifically for Fraterfest :D She's my horror go-to author! I'm also digging on Kate Brian's Shadowlands series for it's creepiness!

    Thanks for hosting a great challenge and nice to "meet" you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristin! oh wow your drink sounds awesum, some of my favorite ingredients :) I haven't read RF yet but am giving her a try this read-a-thon!
      Thanks for participating and nice to 'meet' you too :)

      Delete
  6. So I've been thinking about how I would answer this one the whole read-a-thon and I think I finally have an answer. For my favorite Things that go bump in the night book, I'm going to have to go with my most recent favorite Crimson Night by Marie Hall. It's not necessarily my all-time fav, but it blew me away. It's about a half-lust demon, whose really one of the good-guys. So I was trying to think of a drink that would pair with it and I decided to go with a drink that I haven't had in a while but is the perfect combo of sweet and tangy:

    Lust Cokctail
    2 Vodka
    2 Peach schnapps
    2 Orange juice
    2 Lemonade

    Pour the vodka into a pint glass filled with ice, then add the peach schnapps and the orange juice and the lemonade-done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this is a tough challenge! Thank you for entering and your drink sounds good :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.