Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Teaser Tuesday #1 ~ 10/09/2013 ~ Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here is my teaser for today:

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Page: 69

'Tessa thought of the blue gown Jessamine had worn to dinner the night before. "What about Miss Lovelace?"

She has her own money," said Sophie darkly. She stepped back from Tessa. "There, You're fit to be seen now." 

Tessa smiled. "thank you, Sophie."


Book Synopsis:
In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them....


Hope you enjoyed this teaser! I am absolutely captivated by this book already 

What are you currently reading?

Love 
Chanzie



10 comments:

  1. We talked about this book last night at book club. There are some that are interested in reading the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving it so far.. I cannot wait to get a spare 5 mins and read a few pages :)

      Delete
  2. Great teaser, I have only read one book in this series, but I do own the rest..LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek... I can see I will have to squeeze in the rest of the series in between my other reads.. its just that good! Did you write a review on it?

      Delete
  3. I haven't read anything in this series but am sorely tempted to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you would regret it, I'm quite glad I went with Clockwork angel first instead of City of Bones and this is a prequel series to The Mortal Instruments.
      I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Molly Harper
    Undead Sublet (Novella)

    Page 1 (had to share this. When a book starts this way u know its going to be good.)

    "In retrospect, I should have known something was wrong when the arugula started telling knock-knock jokes."

    "When confronted by the comedic stylings of salad ingredients, most people would have maybe called it a night, taken a sick day."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound good! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  5. I am desperately trying to find the time to read this series!!! i keep mouthwatering when I read reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't be sorry and just like me, maybe wonder why I waited so long to read it!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.