Thursday, 19 September 2013

~ TBR Read-a-Thon Update and Challenge 19/09/2013 ~



I am participating in this Read-a-Thon hosted by Tressa's Wishful Endings & Laura @ Colorimetry

Hello and welcome back to my Read-a-thon Update! My Progress has been pretty much the same as I had to make the decision to not finish a book and it just broke my heart :( 

Here are my Goals:

1. In total I want to read at least 4 books
2.1 book every 2/3 days
3. I would like to participate in at least 3 challenges
4. I would like to visit to all the participants blogs

Updates:
Total Finished Books: 2
DNF: 1
Titles of Books Finished:
- Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

- Letters from a Murderer by John Matthews

Pages read in current book: 0 - The Mine by John A Hedlt

Challenges:
- Snarky Mom Reads ~ Scavenger Hunt
- Joana In the Sky with Books ~ Cover Challenge
- Book Cracker Caroline ~ survey, Challenge & Giveaway
- YA Romantics ~ Book Photo Challenge 
(I attempted the treasure hunt at Bookcomet but got very lost and confused as I haven't ever participated on one of these before) 



~ Challenge Time ~

I am quite exciting to be participating in a challenge hosted by Jen @ YA Romantics as I have my eye on the prize!

1. Choose art least one book in your TBR (or one you've already read for the read-a-thon.)
2. Choose some other kind of object you love -- shoes, teacups, cupcakes -- anything.
3. Find something in #2 that matches your book, either the cover or the content.



Step 1: 

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) 
by Cassandra Clare


Step 2:
If this book was a piece of jewelry it would be a Mystic Bell.

I love angels and jewelry and one of my favourite pieces is my Mystic Bell aka An Angel Caller Pendant. Legend has it that you can call your guardian angel by ringing the chime. 




Step 3:
If this book were a perfume it would be one of my favourite perfumes Curious by Britney Spears. It has the sweetness and strength of Tessa and her curiosity and attraction to Will 




And this is all my favourite things wrapped into one awesum challenge! 

*holding thumbs and keeping my eye on the prize*

How is your Read-a-Thon progress going?

Happy Reading!

Love 
Chanzie

8 comments:

  1. I love your choices -- and I loved Clockwork Princess too!!
    Thanks so much for participating in my challenge :)

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! Thank you. I haven't read book 2 and 3 yet but I will soon :) Hope I wil... he he <3

      Delete
  2. Glad you read two and sorry about the DNF, that is always disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba :) I will be posting my wrap in a bit :) I loved the challenges and giveaways. I will probably retry the DNF later, maybe I just wasn't in the right place to read that book.

      Delete
  3. Really cool! This makes me wish I had done more challenges! ah well! :) You're doing great,e specially for your first read a thon! (Yes, I remembered!)

    PS- yes, I am loving blue bloods! I just started this series...I wanna say 1 month ago. But let's say 2 months ago tops and I'm 4 books in. I'm reading a ToN of series ( I love YA, after all) so it was crazy to me that of all the series I kept needing to continue this one so fast lol. It's that good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diamond :) I have had a lot of fun! i would of liked to make more progress but am happy either way!

      I am so happy to hear Blue Bloods is good.. If only there was a strategic way to through my pile of TBR's :) The order of importance changes all the time :)
      I feel that need to finish a series now with The Infernal devices!

      Delete
  4. Reading challenges are always fun. I didn't do any this year. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well luckily there is still time :) I have one more coming up so far, The Fraterfest Read-a-thon hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer and I am a challange host too.. Eeeeek! *exciting*

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.