Sunday, 1 September 2013

September MWYA Buzz

Hello and welcome to my first MWYA Buzz

Yay I made it! I have officially been blogging for a month. I am so grateful for all my existing friends that have followed and supported me, I am also so blessed to have met so many new friends and fellow bloggers in the Blogoverse! 

The monthly MWYA Buzz is a quick recap of my posts for last month and anything exciting coming up this month. 

August 2013
September 2013

Upcoming reviews: 
I have an exciting line up with some amazing titles, here are a few Sneak Peaks:
The Archangel Jarahmael & The War to Conquer Heaven - JJ Higgins; Negative Space - Mike Robinson; Letters from a Murderer; Lash - LG Castillo; Tangled Tides - Karen Amanda Hooper... and a few more surprises!











New on my bookshelf:
I was so good this month I only bought 1 book to add to my bookshelf: The Vampire Dimitri by Colleen Gleason



Read-a-Thons
I am participating in the TBR Read-a-thon hosted by Tressa's wishful endings
(this is to join in the fun and tackle my overwhelming To Be Read pile that will surely bury me soon enough)

September Giveaways

I am quite excited to be running my first giveaway later this month. 
The Mine & The Fire by John A Heldt
Stay tuned for more details!

Topics of light
This month we will be covering a 4 part Topic of light. I will be basing my topics on the book called, The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz. each week I will cover and agreement and any light I have to share. 

Blogoverse Buzz:
I know there are many blogs that cover a this sort of topic but I decided to incorporate one of my own. The Blogoverse Buzz will have a quick feature of a blog that stood out to me and made a difference in my blogoverse.. in other words they have a really amazing blog!

This month I picked Kimberly from Caffeinated Book reviews, Kimba was the first blogger that went out of her way to welcome me to the blogging community and helped me with even the smallest question, which I appreciate and am so grateful for:


Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself: Hi ChenĂ©, thanks for having me on the blog today! Is that coffee I smell? My name is Kimberly, but most folks in the sphere know me as "Kimba". When I first began blogging, I chose that as a user name/part of my blog name because it was a nickname my father gave me as a little girl. I was a toe-headed blonde and he called me Kimba the White Lion. I own and blog over at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. I am a passionate reader and average about 250 books a year. 

When and why did you start blogging?
Caffeinated Book ReviewerI started blogging just over two years ago. I was very active at B&N in their book clubs forums and on Goodreads. Some friends suggested I create a blog since I review so many books..and now it has become my passion...my obsession! 

Best thing for you about blogging and the not so great thing?
The Best dang thing about blogging is chatting with peeps and sharing books with fellow book lovers. When someone says, "Kim, you have added to my tbr pile or I love this author thanks to you", I get goosebumps. 

My least favorite things would have to be giving a negative review or turning people down for reviews. I wish I could love all the books I read, and that I could read and review all the books I want to read! 

What are your top 3 books / series? If you follow my blog, you know that I read YA, NA and Adult. I am not loyal to any one genre. So I will name a few, Amanda Stevens I love her Graveyard Queen series, Mira Grant's Newsflesh Trilogy, The Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi , His Fair Assassin series by Robin LaFevers, Mercy Thompson series by Patrica Briggs and Losing It series by Cora Carmack. Of course Stephen Kings, Jane Austen and Jayne Anne Krentz are some of my all-time favorite authors.

Favorite TV Series or Movie that was based on a book? Harry Potter movies :)

Some  facts about you? I am a very emotional reader, I become involved in the story and characters, I will cry, laugh out loud, and have yelled at characters. I could live on coffee, seriously all I need are some multi-vitamins and my coffee pot. 
My hubby is my best friend, and he isn't a reader. Well, he did read the Harry Potter books but it took him the length of time between movies to read each book..LOL He does listen to me rant when I just need to discuss a book, and he reads my blog everyday. 

Whats your guilty pleasure? DD coffee, chocolate with salted almonds and reading. I read on average three hours a day. I will forgo sleep to read a good book!

Best piece of advice you received about blogging? Be yourself, be honest but always be fair. 

If you could have lunch 3 Characters, who would they be? Joe from Little Woman, Atticus from to Kill A Mocking Bird and Amelia Gray from the Graveyard Queen series (I love old cemeteries and think we'd have a blast talking about the headstones and symbolism.)

What is the best thing that has happened to you since you started blogging: I have made some of the most incredible friends. If I put a stress call out, need to vent or a post needs a little love..they are right there for me. I talk to some of them, more than I do my own family! 


Quick quiz round:
Favorite TV show: Doctor Who, Supernatural 
Favorite movie: Sixteen Candles 
Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate: Coffee all day, everyday!
Dream Vacation place: mountains or beach
Vanilla or chocolate: vanilla but it most have real vanilla beans in it!

I hope you enjoy this monthly buzzing catch-up :) 

Love 

Chanzie

PS: Look out for my next post: Book Review of The Archangel Jarahmael and the War to Conquer Heaven ~ In the Beginning ~ Book 1

6 comments:

  1. Great wrap up and lovely interview of Kimba!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the feedback and for the visit :)

      Delete
  2. I love your wrap up post, and thanks for making me a part of it. I am looking forward to the month ahead, and wahoo! congrats on one month of blogging and your first giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimba :) Its a small milestone for me. I never thought I would love blogging as much as I do. Thank you for being a part of my journey too :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great first month! I have The Mine to read as well. One of my goals for the read-a-thon will be getting through all my review books, which I am behind on. So many books, so little time. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tressa! Yes it has been a great first month :) I have a whole long list to try tackle during the TBR read-a-thon :) Thanks for popping in!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.