Monday, 2 September 2013

Book Review: The Archangel Jarahmael & The War to Conquer Heaven - Book 1 (The Beginning) by John J Higgins

The Archangel Jarahmael & The War to Conquer Heaven - The Beginning
Series: The Archangel Jarahmael series #1 The Beginning
Publisher: Ring of Fire Publishing
Publication Date: 18 December 2012
Genre: Fantasy

A little bit about Author
John J Higgins is an attorney and former statewide prosecutor
He loves scuba diving and is a pilot
Lives in New Jersey
Website: www.john-j-higgins.com

Why did I choose this book/Source?: It is part of the author promotions program I belong to and anything that sounds intriguing and involves angels involved grabs my attention. 

What is the book about:
Even a match made in Heaven can go awry.

The Archangel Jarahmael and the War to Conquer Heaven is an epic three-part story of the Creation of the Universe, told from the perspective of the Angels themselves. 

The first book of the trilogy, "In the Beginning", describes the initial creation and the establishment of the Seven Heavens and the Nine Orders of angels, and also tells of the first Humans, Lillith and Adam. 

Although they are quite literally a match made in Heaven, free will wreaks havoc with destiny when Lillith falls in love with the Archangel Jarahmael. The book begins when Archangel Jarahmael descends from Seventh Heaven in search of Lillith, Adam's first wife. She has been missing for 3 days, and she is in danger. 

Can love, as the very essence of the Almighty's Universe, survive free will, or will love, when exposed to an untethered, will rip the Universe apart, pitting Good against Evil in a battle for all? 

My Review:
The book takes you on a journey illuminating how the Universe, Heavens and Earth were all created. You meet and are introduced to all the Angels, their orders and what role they play in maintaining and developing the Universe. The story is written mostly from the Angels perspective about the creation of everything: what they see, what they observe and how they feel about developments and changes being implemented by the Almighty.

I loved all the research that obviously went into all the types of angels and their orders in Heaven. John has vivid descriptions and a great deal of detail although this slowed the tempo of the book a bit, it has lay a good base for the rest of the series. The chapters were nice readable lengths.

This is a book about love, destiny and the courage to fight. You meet all the angels and I fell in love with the characters that were devoted to the Almighty and remained loyal. This story also covers how free will and jealousy rips apart bonds and allegiances, and it keeps you reading.  
Definitely an interesting read. 


My Rating:

More books in this series:















If you have any thoughts on this, please feel free to comment :) and don't forget to like the post!


8 comments:

  1. It certainly does sound like an interesting read. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenea :) Book 2 which I just read and will post about on Friday is even better :) All the ground work starts to make sense!

      Delete
  2. Does sound like a lot of research had to go into this one. Happy you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yip :) I love Angel stories so I didn't mind the extra ground work detail :)

      Delete
  3. The world building sounds excellent in this one, thanks for sharing it and I am glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world building is quite intense in the first book, I just finished the second book and can really appreciate it. I will be posting that review on Friday :) Thanks for popping in xx

      Delete
  4. I liked your review, and thanx for sharing,i would like to read it, and will definately. i am glad you enjoyed it :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! I appreciate you stopping by :) After just finishing the second book I cannot wait to see what happens in the final part of the trilogy. I will be posting about book 2 on friday! :))

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.