Monday, 5 August 2013

Topic of Light: Be Different, Be Magical, Be YOU!

Hello and Welcome to my first Topic of Light

What got me thinking of this week's topic was advice from a person I admire and a vision of a swan. The great piece of advice was if you want to be happy, fall in love with yourself everyday. This may sound strange at first but then again most new concepts do. When you look in the mirror, what do you see? What words do you say to yourself? The simple question is, do you love who you are? We are all beautiful amazing beings, but sometimes we get lost and we forget to appreciate ourselves, what we have been through, what we have learnt and how we have grown. We forget how amazing we really are and that we are capable of so much more than we realize. If we can appreciate and love who we are, we can also give so much more to the world. 

One evening while I was sitting and considering this concept I imagined a swan. A fully grown, beautiful white swan that is free. At first I was not sure why I was thinking of a swan. I didn't make the connection but slowly started connecting the dots. 

In today's day and age, society defines what is beautiful, what is normal and there are these preconceived ideas of who we are supposed to be or at least who we think we are supposed to be. This can definitely dim our lights inside when we feel we don't fit in or fit the profile/standards. 

So the next question is, how do we do this? How do we be happy and be free? Imagine for 1 day, you didn't judge (yourself or others) or complain, you just stepped into your magic. Be the beautiful person you are without compromising who you are to make other people happy. I am not saying put yourself above others but rather just be true to yourself with whatever you believe in. If you are different, be different. 

A big 'Aha' moment I had was when I read this quote: 'If you acknowledge your own faults and weaknesses, no one can use them against you'. We all have our weaknesses, whether its a short temper or a constant need to be in control. If you love who you are, you have nothing to fear in the world or what any one can say about you. 

So what is beauty? To me, it's in your heart and in your soul. You can see it in your eyes, the eyes of others and especially the eyes of a child. If you are happy in your heart, you will shine from the inside and it will radiate all around you. I have thought it is impossible to be happy all the time. There is no need to set these huge expectations on ourselves. I live from moment to moment. If I lose control or see I have gone off the tracks a bit, I just take a deep breathe and start from moment one again. The only thing we can control in life is our actions or reactions. 

Spread your magic and speak your truth, don't tell the world how different you are but show the world with your actions. Live who you are. A wonderful quote I live by from Mahatma Gandhi, 'Be the change you wish to see in the world'. It starts with you. 

To link this back to the swan, when we accept and fall in love with who we are, we grow into something so beautiful and feel so free, we are like that beautiful swan.  

My wish for you is to find something to fall in love with about yourself today.

Be different, be magical, be beautiful, but most of all BE YOU. 

Love and Light
Chanzie
xxx


PS Look out for my next post: An Enlightened Evening with Hay House Publishing and Red Feather Trading

6 comments:

  1. The last time vinny and I were in PE at your and you and i were just able to talk and bond... I realized then that I was flippen lucky to know you personally... everyday I get a whatsapp... and everyday I read it... and everyday i feel slightly more enlightened and more hopeful. I just thank God that there is still a person with so much goodness and LIGHT in them. Your words are filled with genuine love, honesty and care always. Thank you ne'! So personally. .. I could not be more thankful for your blogs and help you have and are giving me. I love you xoxo Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey-pie for this beautiful message. Your message really means a lot and keeps me going. Love you too xxx

      Delete
  2. This was very encouraging! I like how you joined the two themes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I passed this amazing post on your blog, but so happy to see it now. I think this paragraph stood out for me:-

    "In today's day and age, society defines what is beautiful, what is normal and there are these preconceived ideas of who we are supposed to be or at least who we think we are supposed to be. This can definitely dim our lights inside when we feel we don't fit in or fit the profile/standards. "

    I certainly don't fit the profile or standards expected of me in society. I think that's okay, so long as I take care of things back home, which I do. I believe we have more facets or sides of ourselves that maybe society cannot cope with. but there's always an outlet, always a way to simply 'be' who we are, and I truly love that at least one person - you, Chene - sees this so clearly. I do have a sense of clarity for a while, but then I worry about being hurt or ridiculed. But I'm learning to overcome that. Must stay brave and true to ourselves. This Topic is one of the best posts I have seen on the internet, or anywhere else for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you John! We find the messages we need, when we need them :) Society is changing at such a rapid rate these days, what is 'normal' anyway? I had the same worry but then a dear friend said a harsh truth to me (Which helped me) when you are worried about hurting someone by being you, you are afraid of failure this you are taking the situation personally. That takes quite a while to sink in, how can you hurt someone when loving yourself is an action of love?

      Stay awesome John and be who you are!!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.